Deck of Cards
Each of the suits in a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the Middle Ages. Heart represented the Church; Spades represented the military; Clubs represented agriculture; and Diamonds represented the merchant class.
Daily Events for Thursday, Dec 20th, 2012
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pmTop Drawer: 150 Years of Bittners
Experience the old world craftsmanship of handmade furniture through the 18th and 19th centuries. “Top Drawer” is a 4,000 sq. ft. exhibition that explores how a German immigrant’s custom cabinet shop became not only a Louisville tradition, but also a nationally-renowned design firm. Exquisite American, English and Continental furniture inspired by great monarchs and makers is featured, as well as the story of how the political, cultural and social forces of these periods can inspire the aesthetic of our homes. Examine fine antiques from around the world as well as master-crafted pieces produced by the Bittners custom shop.
2nd floor, north gallery
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pmHolidays Around the World
“Holidays Around the World” is an annual, multi-cultural tree display that celebrates holiday traditions found throughout Louisville’s diverse communities. It ranges from trees decorated as they would be in countries that observe Christmas, to cultural displays showcasing other holidays observed around the globe throughout the year. This visually-stunning and educational exhibition, featuring trees and displays, runs Thanksgiving through New Years.
First and second floors
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pmHoliday Choir Performances
Children ages 5-17= $6.00 / Adults = $6.00 / Children 4 and under = FREE
Museum Members receive FREE admission!
During the holiday celebrations we’ve planned for Wednesday, December 19 and Thursday, December 20, your family will enjoy:
- Holiday music, including a schedule of local school choirs performing in the Frazier Museum’s Great Hall
- Experiencing the beautiful and educational tree display “Holidays Around the World” on a day set aside especially for homeschool families (no other school groups will be in the building beyond the school choirs)
- Participating in a selection of craft and activity tables (11:00 – 3:00)
- Discount pricing to the “Diana: A Celebration” exhibit ($10 pre-paid admission includes entry to the exhibit AND all other activities)
Advance Payment and Registration is Required. Please note: all pre-payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Call (502) 753-5663 to make your reservations today!
First and second floors