Teddy Roosevelt had a photographic memory and could read an entire page in the time it took most people to read a single sentence.
Daily Events for Thursday, Dec 20th, 2012
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm"Diana: A Celebration" exhibit gallery open
This 7,500 sq. ft. exhibition explores the life and humanitarian work of one of the 20th century’s most remarkable women. Diana’s life is explored through nine galleries containing 150 objects, ranging from her royal wedding gown and 28 designer dresses to family jewels, heirlooms, personal mementoes, paintings, rare home movies and photos.
“Diana: A Celebration” comes to the Frazier directly from the Althorp Estate in England, the Spencer Family’s 500-year-old ancestral home, where it is on display every summer. A portion of the proceeds generated to the Althorp Estate from the exhibition, produced by Arts & Exhibitions International, will benefit charitable causes including the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund. Click here to read more.
3rd Floor North Gallery
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pmHolidays Around the World
“Holidays Around the World” is an annual, multi-cultural tree display that celebrates holiday traditions found throughout Louisville’s diverse communities. It ranges from trees decorated as they would be in countries that observe Christmas, to cultural displays showcasing other holidays observed around the globe throughout the year. This visually-stunning and educational exhibition, featuring trees and displays, runs Thanksgiving through New Years.
First and second floors
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pmTop Drawer: 150 Years of Bittners
Experience the old world craftsmanship of handmade furniture through the 18th and 19th centuries. “Top Drawer” is a 4,000 sq. ft. exhibition that explores how a German immigrant’s custom cabinet shop became not only a Louisville tradition, but also a nationally-renowned design firm. Exquisite American, English and Continental furniture inspired by great monarchs and makers is featured, as well as the story of how the political, cultural and social forces of these periods can inspire the aesthetic of our homes. Examine fine antiques from around the world as well as master-crafted pieces produced by the Bittners custom shop.
2nd floor, north gallery
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pmHoliday Choir Performances
Children ages 5-17= $6.00 / Adults = $6.00 / Children 4 and under = FREE
Museum Members receive FREE admission!
During the holiday celebrations we’ve planned for Wednesday, December 19 and Thursday, December 20, your family will enjoy:
- Holiday music, including a schedule of local school choirs performing in the Frazier Museum’s Great Hall
- Experiencing the beautiful and educational tree display “Holidays Around the World” on a day set aside especially for homeschool families (no other school groups will be in the building beyond the school choirs)
- Participating in a selection of craft and activity tables (11:00 – 3:00)
- Discount pricing to the “Diana: A Celebration” exhibit ($10 pre-paid admission includes entry to the exhibit AND all other activities)
Advance Payment and Registration is Required. Please note: all pre-payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Call (502) 753-5663 to make your reservations today!
2nd floor, north gallery
- 2:15 pm - 2:30 pmThe Night Before ChristmasOne of our historic Interpreters reads Clement C. Moore's beloved Christmas tale.
Great Hall Stage