During a hunt in 1902, President Theodore Roosevelt refused to kill a Black Bear. After political cartoons depicting the incident were published, toy-makers started creating “Teddy Bears.”
Daily Events for Thursday, Nov 1st, 2012
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm"Diana: A Celebration" exhibit gallery open
This 7,500 sq. ft. exhibition explores the life and humanitarian work of one of the 20th century’s most remarkable women. Diana’s life is explored through nine galleries containing 150 objects, ranging from her royal wedding gown and 28 designer dresses to family jewels, heirlooms, personal mementoes, paintings, rare home movies and photos.
“Diana: A Celebration” comes to the Frazier directly from the Althorp Estate in England, the Spencer Family’s 500-year-old ancestral home, where it is on display every summer. A portion of the proceeds generated to the Althorp Estate from the exhibition, produced by Arts & Exhibitions International, will benefit charitable causes including the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund. Click here to read more.
3rd Floor North Gallery
- 2:45 pm - 3:15 pm2nd Floor Highlights TourJoin one of our Historic Interpreters for a brief walk through the 2nd Floor American collection.
2nd Floor Landing
- 7:30 pm - 9:30 pmAn Evening with PoeOctober 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31; November 1 & 2 Doors open at 6:30, performances begin at 7:30 on October 25, 26, 27, 30, November 1 and 2. October 24 and 31 performances will begin at 8:15 p.m. Buy tickets now Enjoy An Even Edgier Edgar For more than a century, readers have been terrified, surprised, and delighted by one of America’s greatest storytellers, Edgar Allan Poe. Whether about grisly murder or ethereal and untouchable love, Poe delivers a new thrill to his audience with each tale. Read more here. Through the Frazier Museum’s Historic Interpretations Department, we bring some of Poe’s best known works to the stage for a live show like you’ve never seen before. This year, eight Poe tales will be presented, including six poems and two short stories:
- The Raven
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue
- Spirits of the Dead
- The City in the Sea
- The Bells
- The Masque of the Red Death
- Dream Within a Dream
2nd Floor Landing