Teddy Roosevelt had a photographic memory and could read an entire page in the time it took most people to read a single sentence.
Daily Events for Wednesday, Oct 24th, 2012
- 9:00 am - 8:00 pm"Diana: A Celebration" exhibit gallery open
This 7,500 sq. ft. exhibition explores the life and humanitarian work of one of the 20th century’s most remarkable women. Diana’s life is explored through nine galleries containing 150 objects, ranging from her royal wedding gown and 28 designer dresses to family jewels, heirlooms, personal mementoes, paintings, rare home movies and photos.
“Diana: A Celebration” comes to the Frazier directly from the Althorp Estate in England, the Spencer Family’s 500-year-old ancestral home, where it is on display every summer. A portion of the proceeds generated to the Althorp Estate from the exhibition, produced by Arts & Exhibitions International, will benefit charitable causes including the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund. Click here to read more.
- 4:00 pm - 8:00 pmHalf Off Wednesdays, Diana exhibitEnjoy half price “Diana” admission every Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. Tickets may be purchased online, by phone at 888-71-TICKETS or at the box office. Through December 19 only.
- 8:15 pm - 10:15 pmAn Evening with PoeOctober 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31; November 1 & 2 Doors open at 6:30, performances begin at 7:30 on October 25, 26, 27, 30, November 1 and 2. October 24 and 31 performances will begin at 8:15 p.m. Buy tickets now Enjoy An Even Edgier Edgar For more than a century, readers have been terrified, surprised, and delighted by one of America’s greatest storytellers, Edgar Allan Poe. Whether about grisly murder or ethereal and untouchable love, Poe delivers a new thrill to his audience with each tale. Read more here. Through the Frazier Museum’s Historic Interpretations Department, we bring some of Poe’s best known works to the stage for a live show like you’ve never seen before. This year, eight Poe tales will be presented, including six poems and two short stories:
- The Raven
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue
- Spirits of the Dead
- The City in the Sea
- The Bells
- The Masque of the Red Death
- Dream Within a Dream